'Aurora is Central Luzon's most peaceful province'
- Manny Galvez () - September 7, 2011 - 12:00am

BALER, Aurora, Philippines  – This province has retained its status as the province with the lowest crime incidence in Central Luzon despite the surge in thefts and robberies in the provincial capital.

Crime statistics from the Philippine National Police regional office 3 based in Camp Olivas, Pampanga showed that Aurora registered 991 crimes from January to July, which represents only four percent of the 24,401 crime incidents recorded in the region over the period.

Bulacan has the highest crime incidence with 9,647 followed by Pampanga with 3,305, Nueva Ecija (2,498), Bataan (2,185), Zambales (1,566) and Tarlac (1,131).

Senior Superintendent Oscar Albayalde, regional intelligence chief, said the 24,401 crimes in this province are lower by 25.77 percent compared to the 32,870 crimes listed over the same period last year.

Of the said crimes, 13,674 or 56.04 percent are index crimes such as theft, physical injuries, robbery, carjacking, rape, murder and homicide while the remaining 10,727 (43.96 percent) are non-index crimes.

Albayalde said 3,395 or 13.91 percent of these crimes are considered “solved” where the suspects have been arrested and charged in court while 5,207 or 21.37 percent are considered “cleared” where cases have been filed but the suspects are at large.

He said the dip in regional crime incidence could be attributed to intensified police visibility in the streets and the conduct of massive simultaneous checkpoint operations targeting motorcycle-riding criminals.

Albayade said the regional PNP, led by Chief Superintendent Edgardo Ladao also launched “I-Text Mo, Aksyonan Ko (Text and I will Act)” giving citizens a chance to report crime incidents in their locality through text messaging and the “Wanted Ka, Huli Ka! (You’re Wanted, You’re Caught)” website providing information on most wanted criminals in the region.                

AKSYONAN KO CAMP OLIVAS CENTRAL LUZON CHIEF SUPERINTENDENT EDGARDO LADAO CRIMES HULI KA I-TEXT MO NUEVA ECIJA PAMPANGA PHILIPPINE NATIONAL POLICE
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with
Read and share the latest news
whenever and wherever you are.
Top Stories
Features the most relevant stories,
exclusive content, analyses and special reports.
As It Happens
Get bite-sized highlights and up-to-date
information as the news breaks.
Latest
View the most recent
stories of the day.
Log-in
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,
consectetur adipiscing elit.
Quisque justo est, auctor vel ullamcorper.
Log-in
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,
consectetur adipiscing elit.
Quisque justo est, auctor vel ullamcorper.
How to follow As It Happens stories
STEP 1
Click the story in the As it Happens section.
How to follow As It Happens stories
STEP 2
Click "Follow Story" for updates on the news.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam eu metus vitae felis tincidunt finibus ut id sapien. Integer volutpat dui eu malesuada dignissim. Sed varius justo nulla, fringilla convallis sem porta sed.
How to follow Author
STEP 1
Click on the author's name in the article.
How to follow Author
STEP 2
Once you click on the author's name, you will be
brought to the Authors page. Click "Follow Author"
to stay updated on the author's works
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam eu metus vitae felis tincidunt finibus ut id sapien. Integer volutpat dui eu malesuada dignissim. Sed varius justo nulla, fringilla convallis sem porta sed.
How to follow Tags
STEP 1
Click on a tag in the article.
How to follow Tags
STEP 2
When you click on a tag, it will take you to the
dedicated tag page where you'll see the article
viewed, along with other stories with that tag.

Click the "follow tag" button to stay updated on
the topic.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam eu metus vitae felis tincidunt finibus ut id sapien. Integer volutpat dui eu malesuada dignissim. Sed varius justo nulla, fringilla convallis sem porta sed.